Monday, April 5, 2010

Who Am I?

I spoke to my ex yesterday and came to a realization. I am farther along in the process of reconciling my feelings than she is. I have a clear view in my head of who she is and what she meant and means to me. The realization that I came to is about why she is less clear about things then I am.

I know Sarah very well, we dated for seven and a half years during which I got to know the super-fun person that she is. I realize now that I became a different person around her. I was more gentile and more accommodating to her than I would be to any of my friends. I think that this is a fitting thing to do for one's significant other, but it probably lead to an inaccurate view of me as a person. Now that we are in the process of becoming friends (we were never just friends before) She is seeing a different side of me. The real me.

I wonder how badly I have misrepresented myself? Was it the wrong thing to do? Or does everyone do this for (to?) their loved ones?

1 comment:

Jules said...

We are different people to our different groups of friends. That is the way it is. We're all chameleons to some degree.