Friday, April 9, 2010

Far Far Away

The whole "making new friends" plan seems to be going better now. I reached out to a friend of a friend who lives far away and have started a dialogue. It seems like we can be penpals. I had a pen-pal (oder Brieffreund. Sie wohnt auf Deutschland)  once before and I really failed at it because I couldn't write in German and even though her English was better than my German, I didn't have anything to say. I am now less boring and less shy, and we can converse in our common native English so I have high hopes.

It is kind of amazing how such a small thing as exchanging emails with someone new can buoy my spirits. I was feeling down and isolated and now with someone new to get to know and to explain myself to, I feel like there is more out there, more fun people to meet.

Of course now that I have mentioned this, the whole thing is jinxed and doomed to failure.

No comments: