Saturday, February 28, 2009
Step Up
It has been a long day. I got in to work on time for once but nobody was there to notice. My sub-contractors were one and two hours late and the rest of the company was cleaning out our warehouse (I use the term loosely). I worked a little longer than said subs and then to top it off I has a conversation with the client about company relations. I may be overstepping my role here. I am not sure if my boss is going to see this as initiative or overstepping. Someone had to step in and get the communication lines repaired. I took on the role because I am the person in charge of the installation and I am the one with my feet on the ground every day (except for the day I was out for jury duty). The work contracts and the communications were starting to get tense and strained, so I opened up the conversation. I started from the standpoint that we, as a company want to satisfy the needs of them our clients. I tried figure out what they needed and what they were dissatisfied with. I think we made some progerss. I am going to try to get more of an advisory role with this client and become their point of contact with our company. I hope it works.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment