Sarah and I just got back from the first ever Fudge Fest. It was a kind of mini film festival set up by PJ Gaynard and showcasing some of his and his friend's projects. It was held at the Rialto theatre in South Pasadena, a neat old single screen theatre from back in the day. It was very fun and interesting to see a bunch of independent productions. It made me wonder if maybe I should have followed that path. I am very happy with the job I have but my stated purpose when I got this job was to get into films. I have all but abandoned that goal. I am now interested in continuing along at work geting more responsibility and more money. I really don't know where that will lead in the long term but it keeps me comfortable in the near term.
The films were mostly good. A great comic series was Bartokular that tragically has already been cut off at two webisodes, and well acted piece was love sick love. Check out Goat Milk Fudge Productions for more details. I hope they do it again and I get to go next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment