Wednesday, February 18, 2009

MMA

Today I went to Hapkido and MMA class. It was quite a workout. The normal hapkido classes don't wear me out, but the MMA classes tear me down whatgood. We started by dragging each other across the mat which is more tiring then you would expect when you are dragging a fat lump of a kid with no muscle tone whatsoever so you cant get a solid grip on the boy. It was like dragging a bean bag chair but heavier and wearing a tent.
Anyway that's not the point of this post. the point is that later on while we were doing some take-downs starting from kneeling position my opponent managed to get behind me and flip me over. This is not unusual as I was thrown hard multiple times tonight. I know how to fall and we were on a mat, so it doesn't hurt its just what happens. The worst two falls were: one directly on my back where I was stunned for a second and another where the instructor came down full weight on top of my chest (I felt my spine realign). But I digress. The real surprise of the night was during the take-down from knees drill when one of my classmates basically reached under me cupped my junk and flipped me over onto my back(he was aiming for my leg). I was so shocked I couldn't do anything but laugh. He apologised of course but I was fine. A little unsettled but unharmed. I told him he doesn't get to do that to me without buying me dinner first. Now we are on a first name basis.

No comments: