My brother and I went out and saw Push on Saturday. It was a cool movie. The plot based around people with special abilities. Movers (telekinetic) Watchers (can see the future) pushers (mind control and memory alteration) and others, and how some of them were fleeing a government organization that aimed to control and weaponize them. Overall it was cool. Except for an unrealistic learning curve and too good master plan, the movie was a neat ride. The special effects were excellent and the powers were impressive. I liked it and found myself wanting them to make more. In all honesty it was a flimsy fantastic and unrealistic story where every character with more than one line seems to have some huge power, but it was fun and I go to the movies to have fun. I recommend.
Sarah and I went out and saw the movie "Fanboys" today. For those of you who don't know. it is a film about a group of Star Wars fanatics who take a trip across the USA to break into skywalker ranch (George Lucas's home) and get a first look at Star Wars Episode one(it takes place 6 months before the release of SWE1). This was another fun movie but not as much as I expected. The trailer has most of the funniest jokes in it and there were way to many shots of trekkies with bad hygiene. In the last few scenes it gets a little sentimental in a way you aren't prepared for, and the characters are tired stereotypes. Overall its a good movie if you are familiar with the movies (as well as with Jay and Silent Bob) and have a good sense of humour about your love of them and if you don't love them are prepared to mock those who do. One thing I didn't expect is that Kristen Bell is actually in more than half of the movie and is kind of funny in that surprisingly hot nerd-girl way. Now if you are still on the fence as to whether to see this move allow me to tip you over. In one of the last scenes Kristin Bell is wearing the slave Leia outfit. The tragic part is there is only one good shot of her and only for about 1.5 seconds. Well its not exactly like more of that would have made it a fine film.
No comments:
Post a Comment