Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A raise

So it seems that the boss has, in his classic fashion, given me a raise without telling me. What is embarrassing is how long it took me to notice it. I was just looking at my pay stub, and I noticed the raise. I then looked back at how long ago he gave it to me, and the first paycheck I got with the increased amount was given to me on may 30th. I have been earning more money for almost three months without noticing it. Six paychecks without seeing the difference. I usually take at least a week to deposit my check, and have more then once had 3 paychecks to deposit at the same time, but this is ridiculous. Now I have to go in to work and thank the boss 3 months late. I really need to pay more attention. I feel like a jackass.

No comments: