My girlfriend and I went to Las Vegas this past weekend. She was running the second leg in the Baker to Vegas relay. So we seized the opportunity to head on out to Las Vegas for some fun.
We left mu place at 5:00am and headed out to the start point for her 8 mile leg of the relay. It was a mostly uneventful ride and the next time I am going to Las Vegas I will probably try and leave that early to avoid all the traffic. The relay was tough, but at least she got to start in the cool of the morning. She ran 2 miles downhill 2 miles flat and then 4 miles up a fairly tough hill. Everyone kept telling us that she got stuck with the toughest leg. After the run I bundled her back into the car and after a quick stopoff back in Baker at the Mad Greek for food we resumed our drive to Vegas.
We arrived at our the South Point hotel at about 2:00pm. We checked into our very nice and reasonably priced room and got showered and changed. I was in a Black Suit with blue shirt and white tie, and she was in a black vintage dress with a red cravat, and a white headband with a giant daisy on it. We proceeded out to have some good times. After some arranging and back and forths we wound up having dinner at the seafood buffet at the Rio and then took in the Penn & Teller show. The show was very cool. They did their unique combination of comedy, commentary, and magic. My favorite part was probably the nail gun bit that Penn does, My Girlfriend's favorite part was the blood and guts during the sawing a woman in half bit. All in all a good show.
After the show we headed over to the Palms to check out the Playboy club. We had a few drinks and headed right up to take in the sights. A little looking around a little dancing and she got some pictures with some bunnies. It is a really cool club (not like I am any great connoisseur). We stuck around there for a while until we were ready to call it a night. One final cap off to the night I got rear ended when just about to make a right turn at a stoplight. It was not a huge accident and everyone is ok, but it looks like I will be getting a new rear bumper soon.
The next morning we packed out and went over to visit the Pasadena Baker to Vegas team at their "Hospitality Suite" at the Mandalay Bay. It was cool and we hung out for a while but we were ready to leave and so headed for the door at about 4:00pm. Nevada it seems, was not ready to let us go and we hit nasty traffic. I decided I needed coffee and a walk around so I stopped off at Primm and dragged my girlfriend to Starbucks and around the outlet mall there. After she was totally worn (she was sore from the run and very sick from a nasty cold she had been suffering from for a few days) out we headed home on a more hospitable road. one long drive later we got home and to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment