I am in a place that I don't like: I have to sell myself to people and I don't like it. I much prefer to do things and let them stand for themselves. I want to show you what I have done, not tell you what I can do. The problem is that what I am selling is an intangible. I am selling my perspective performance.
I just got a call back from one of the resumes I sent out yesterday. I am going to interview for an 'Account Representative' position at a marketing company. I am hoping that it really is a marketing job and not a cleverly disguised customer service job. I don't have problems working with people but I prefer to work with clients and not customers. So, tomorrow at 10:15am dressed in a suit, I will find out what this is.
It strikes me how bad the typical marketing company's website is. Is it a rule that they must use flash (difficult to index by search engines) or music, or shitty site layout? And the copy is always nebulous. Its like if they say too much, then the prospective client will suddenly understand marketing and do it themselves.
Anyway, wish me luck.
1 comment:
"Succesful people are people that have formed the habit of doing things that failures don't like to do."
Post a Comment