It has been a fun weekend.
Saturday was relaxed and easygoing day, I had lunch with my brother and then we went to a friend's place to watch Evil Dead and Army of Darkness. After the movies we headed back to my brother's place where his already buzzed roommate said to me "so... Rocky?" I didn't need to be asked twice, so I grabbed him and my brother up and at 11:30pm we sped off to the Los Angeles Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Nuart theater. I had been 18 times before but I am more than willing to go again if someone new wants to go, and so there we met up with my ex-girlfriend and some of the friends I had made there. It was fun to see some of those people again and to be welcomed amongst people that I was afraid that I would not be able to be friends with after the breakup.
The next day we went to an improv theater show called The Dungeon Master. It is a sort of role playing sketch show improvisational thing. It was my second time going, but the last time I participated and I couldn't enjoy it as much as I did as purely an audience member. There is a discount for dressing up and both times I went in garb. the first time I was wearing my generic medieval stuff and this time I wore by brother's Ottoman style garb. Next time I am going to go full ninja. I already told one of the organizers that I will be there so I have to follow through. The head writer said that he was going to keep me in mind when writing the next episode. Also, his character is a pirate captain and we are going to play up the pirate-ninja rivalry. My brother already said that he was going to come out for the next one, and I hope to have a few more friends out. It promises to be great.
No comments:
Post a Comment