Saturday, March 20, 2010

By the Bay

I am in Monterey for a wedding this weekend. I got into town at night and so far have only been to the apartment where I am crashing and a pub where a pre-wedding get together was held but already I love this place. To get to the pub I walked along a paved public path that goes from two blocks from the apartment right to the pub about a half a mile away. I could hear the waves lapping against the shore and the occasional cry of a seagull or bark of a sealion. The breeze coming off the ocean is chilly but invigorating. On my way back from the pub I had to stop and sit on the stairs leading to San Carlos Beach and just watch as the little white waves broke against the shore from a black ocean underneath a black sky. There are the lights from across the bay and the quiet sounds of 1am. It is amazing here. I am a little afraid that the morning will dispel this beautiful illusion but there is no helping that.

I already want to stay and I have only been here for 4 hours. I really owe Crystal for letting me use her couch while she is out of town.

No comments: