I went out tonight with a few friends to an art exhibit in Beverly Hills. It was put together by an old classmate of mine, who I never really connected with in high school. It was an interesting experience seeing a few of the people that I knew (if only peripherally) in a different setting 10 years separated from graduation. I am such a different person than I was when I met these people that its almost like meeting them for the first time.
I went with one of my close friends that I met in high school, we picked up some more friends and went to what wound up being an underground restaurant or something that had been rearranged to display art and allow for dancing and drinking. After a couple of hours he and the group of people that I arrived with left to go to a hip-hop club. I don't know the people they were going to meet and I am not really comfortable in clubs (and I would imagine less so in a hip-hp club) so I opted to stick around and catch a ride with some other friends. As it turns out the other friends were ready to go almost immediately and so I was done for the evening. A punk-looking band was just starting to play and I was catching a good vibe from a short girl in a red dress when we left. I caught a ride home feeling like I spent more time getting ready and getting there then I did actually being there.
I really regret not driving myself. Even if that left me knowing only three people there, I feel like I wasn't done. I wasn't invited and didn't know about the event until today but I still feel like I had more to do there.
Tomorrow night will be better.
No comments:
Post a Comment