Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Dentist

On Monday I had an appointment for a dental cleaning, like I do every 6 months. It was pretty standard until the last couple of minutes when they started talking about a cavity. The doctor came in to check up on my teeth like he does after every cleaning and said "Yes that's a cavity" in a very matter of fact way.
Damn, so I made an appointment to get the damn thing fixed up. The appointment was today at 3:00pm so I had to leave work early. I raced there and come in 10 minutes late (I budgeted 30 minutes for the drive and it took 40). I sat down and they prepped me and began the drilling. It was a shallow cavity in a molar so there was no need for drugs. I was in the chair for about 10 minutes. Then I paid for my procedure and was out of there by 3:30. That was the quickest dentist appointment I have ever gone through. My dental record just keeps getting more interesting.
My Doctor is excellent.

No comments: