I am back at school. The same community college that I was at before but with major differences. I am now living on my own and supporting myself. This adds serious weight to the decisions I make regarding school and how I spend my money. I have also spent several years working in the 'real world' away from the sheltered cove of the academic world.
I have come to the conclusion (as previously explained) that I need a 4-year degree, and I have chosen CIS as my major. I see everything differently now. I am not here to make friends. I am not exploring my options. I have a plan: get in, get out, get on with my life. I have built my schedule to be all on Tuesdays and Thursdays and to get me done in the shortest amount of time possible. The wandering and uncertainty is gone. I don't have time for all of that. I need to get this over with so that I can go on to a more concrete job with greater learning potential.
through this lens, everything looks different. I can quickly tell the difference between students who have a plan and those who don't know what to do with themselves. I can also see myself as I was and all the time I wasted. I can not afford to waste any more time. I am running out of pre-family time to get my things in order. If I am going to be the man my Novia deserves then I need to get this right. I am now in the mindset that grades lower than an A are not an option and that I need to plan out my class schedule far in advance. School is not some game or testing ground for life, it is a challenge to overcome and a rite of passage that I failed once but will not fail again.
I have come to the conclusion (as previously explained) that I need a 4-year degree, and I have chosen CIS as my major. I see everything differently now. I am not here to make friends. I am not exploring my options. I have a plan: get in, get out, get on with my life. I have built my schedule to be all on Tuesdays and Thursdays and to get me done in the shortest amount of time possible. The wandering and uncertainty is gone. I don't have time for all of that. I need to get this over with so that I can go on to a more concrete job with greater learning potential.
through this lens, everything looks different. I can quickly tell the difference between students who have a plan and those who don't know what to do with themselves. I can also see myself as I was and all the time I wasted. I can not afford to waste any more time. I am running out of pre-family time to get my things in order. If I am going to be the man my Novia deserves then I need to get this right. I am now in the mindset that grades lower than an A are not an option and that I need to plan out my class schedule far in advance. School is not some game or testing ground for life, it is a challenge to overcome and a rite of passage that I failed once but will not fail again.
No comments:
Post a Comment