I am back in school part time. This session I am taking classes that are 90% review for me. I am taking them mainly for next semester, where I will actually be making progress.
Ahh, progress. What am I progressing towards? I am trying to get a bachelors degree. I have come to a reversal of my earlier decision. I thought that I didn't need any more schooling and that the people who become rich do it not because of school but something else that they don't teach in school. That opinion hasn't changed but my understanding of the business world has grown up. I am back in school not because of the things I will learn here but because of the degree that I hope to earn. The degree is a passport to an entire world of better jobs. It doesn't prove how smart you are but is a clear indicator of the ability to complete something. To that end, I am back in school putting classes behind me. I am a bit apprehensive because in order to do this, I am blocking off part of my schedule and making myself less employable. I have to decide between the crumbling now and the unknowable future.
Ahh, progress. What am I progressing towards? I am trying to get a bachelors degree. I have come to a reversal of my earlier decision. I thought that I didn't need any more schooling and that the people who become rich do it not because of school but something else that they don't teach in school. That opinion hasn't changed but my understanding of the business world has grown up. I am back in school not because of the things I will learn here but because of the degree that I hope to earn. The degree is a passport to an entire world of better jobs. It doesn't prove how smart you are but is a clear indicator of the ability to complete something. To that end, I am back in school putting classes behind me. I am a bit apprehensive because in order to do this, I am blocking off part of my schedule and making myself less employable. I have to decide between the crumbling now and the unknowable future.
No comments:
Post a Comment