Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Patience

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I tend to make rapid emotional changes when I dont like something. I tend to be very laid back until I reach a saturation point. When I get there, I tend to shut down and turn away from whatever has gotten me to that point. It takes some people by surprise because I am suddenly out of patience when just a few seconds ago, I was easy going and relaxed.
I'm not sure where I developed this from. I would guess that its because I am not a very patient man my nature. I can be patient but only for as long as I expect to be. After the time I had expected to wait has elapsed, I am done. I'm ready to leave and get on with my life.
Tonight I find myself at a karaoke bar past my limit. I sat for almost an hour starting at the song book and couldn't decide what song to sing. Suddenly I didn't care any more. I didn't need to be there any more and would have left in that minute if I had been there alone.

The place where this is a topic for reflection (and thus a blog post) is that I was in a place where I could be trying to meet new people and instead I chose to write this blog post. I was ignoring my girlfriend, and being generally anti-social. People who know me well will pick up on my mood when I get into this kind of funk and it can ruin their good time. At this point I keep on insisting that everything is fine but my friends (our in this case Girlfriend) will pick up on my mood and often out of empathy the night its ruined. I can be a serious downer sometimes.
I'm not sure if there is anything to do about this situation, but there it is. I am impatient, and when my patience ruins out I become apathetic or despondent. I wonder if I was being unfair.

No comments: