Thursday, August 26, 2010

Athens

I am on vacation in Europe right now and I have been in Athens for a few days. I have been learning so much about ancient Greek civilisation. The beliefs, lives, and art of the people who lived here 2000 to 3000 years ago. I have been to the Acropolis, the Agora, several museums and seen many ruins spread about the city. Ancient periods lay on top and next to each other so that sometimes its hard to tell what is from when. I have made a point to read whatever plaques that I can and learn as much about what I am seeing as I can. My head is buzzing with all the new things that I have put into it.

The trip is less than half over and I still have several countries to visit and I have already seen so much and learned so much. I would love to write more but there is more city to explore and I can't bring myself to sit here on the computer for very long.

No comments: