Sunday, May 16, 2010

Disgusting Behavior

I have been putting off this post because it is overly sweet and sappy. If you don't want to read about my silly stupid happiness about my girlfriend then read no further.

It has been three weeks since I met her and we only made it official on Wednesday. Despite or more likely because of the brevity of our relationship, we are crazy about each other. She has already met my mother and I have met her parents. We have a to-do-together list. When we are together we are like magnets and once we reach a distance of about two feet we snap into touch contact. When we are apart even for a day I miss her and she misses me. She is on my mind constantly. I have changed my song play-list to include more songs that remind me of her.

She approaches the world with such joy that I am carried along. I have fun just being with her and seeing her love of life. We went out dancing on Friday night even though I am not a dancer, but with her it was a pleasure to go out and bounce around on the dance floor. I took her to the Renaissance Faire and we will be going to SCA events together. I want to take her everywhere and introduce her to all of my friends. We talk about art and history and music and tv and travel and ourselves. We laugh a lot.

Three weekends and a handful of days in between is not much compared to my last relationship but my heart says none of that matters and this is right even if it is fast. My brain is reeling and struggling to maintain control but it is a losing battle.

2 comments:

jpj625 said...

Don't worry about being "swept away"; just relax and enjoy it. Brain chemicals are awesome. :D

I'm looking forward to meeting this woman, and I expect Amanda is too.

Dick said...

Wow man!! This is crazy! 3 weeks and already love smitten? I'm not a big fan in the whole 'love at first site' thing, but when there's instant physical attraction followed up by an emotional connection...it's easy to see how people can believe.

Good for you bro! I too look forward to meeting her sometime...anytime!