My girlfriend and I just got back from Victoria, BC. She went to the University of Victoria, and we went there so that I could meet her friends and be shown around it was also my first trip to Canada. It is a beautiful place, sort of like a mix between San Diego, CA and Olympia, WA. The weather was clear and sunny almost the entire time but colder than I am used to. The city was an interesting mix of old and new buildings with that "college town" feel of tons of pubs and hip stores.
Meeting my girlfriend's friends was awesome. We all hit it off immediately and had fun chatting and taking pics around downtown.Vic. It makes me wish that I could live everywhere at once. I thought it was a drag having friends in the OC but that commute is nothing to the double flight required to get from LA to Vic. It also made me realize how much better I have gotten at connecting to people. I was able to enter conversations with people who were almost complete strangers and be laughing it up and carrying on in minutes. I will definitely have to make it back on a semi-regular basis. There are so many places in the world that I want to go and want to return to. One thing is certain, however, I want to go there with my girlfriend.
Meeting my girlfriend's friends was awesome. We all hit it off immediately and had fun chatting and taking pics around downtown.Vic. It makes me wish that I could live everywhere at once. I thought it was a drag having friends in the OC but that commute is nothing to the double flight required to get from LA to Vic. It also made me realize how much better I have gotten at connecting to people. I was able to enter conversations with people who were almost complete strangers and be laughing it up and carrying on in minutes. I will definitely have to make it back on a semi-regular basis. There are so many places in the world that I want to go and want to return to. One thing is certain, however, I want to go there with my girlfriend.
No comments:
Post a Comment