On Friday morning I came down with food poisoning. I think it was the Hawaiian barbecue that I had on Thursday night. I woke at about 5:30am Friday morning with the strong need to vomit. This started a day full of digestive failures, abdominal pain and widespread discomfort. I called my mother for a little support and she brought me some food and got me in touch with a doctor. I will spare the gory details but I called out sick from work and spent the day in bed. Sunday was spent between naps and the bathroom. Finally today I made it out of the apartment. I didn't go far but it felt good to cross the threshold of my apartment where I had been sequestered for 2 days. Even now I am not finished being ill, and I have spent an entire weekend recovering from the damned food I ate on Thursday. I look foreward to a Monday and Tuesday full of work.
This has been a tough winter and Its only half over.
No comments:
Post a Comment