Today Sarah, Adam, Brook and I went for a hike. We went up the Sam Merril trail to what they call the White City. It is the ruins of an old hotel that burned down three times, the last time in the thirties. It was a great hike. 2.5 miles up to the ruins and of course the same 2.5 miles back down. Great views and sunshine the whole way. Adam was sick for the hike so it was hardest on him but we all had a good time.
But Wait there's more!!!
on the last 100ft, back off of the trail, when walking back to the car I rolled my ankle. I fell to the ground gasping in pain. Some other hikers on their way to the trail stopped and asked if we needed help or a phone, but we said no. I laid there on the uneven concrete for a few minutes while the pain subsided. I sent Brook to bring the car to the park gates and Adam helped me to my feet and then to the car.
So now I have a sprained ankle. I got an old walking stick and am hobbling around as best I can. Later tonight I will be going to the Rocky Horror Picture Show for the 15th time. Sarah is performing and Adam, Charlie and possibly Brook and Zeb will be coming out. I definitely will not be dancing or anything groovy during the show.
No comments:
Post a Comment