Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Getting Sucked In

I have a distrust of monopoly. I keep my credit card separate from my bank, and my computer manufacturer separate from my OS programmer. I like third party additions and extensions. I feel that trusting one company to fulfill all of my needs puts me in a position of weakness. Now I am playing around with Google's various web-based services, and I have to admit that I am getting sucked in. I use Gmail as my primary e-mail (I also have Yahoo). I use Blogger as my primary online journal (I also have a myspace and used to have a LiveJournal). I sometimes use Google Documents to share important information. I am now playing with the Google Sites and Google Notebook. These services are very interesting and the primary fascination is that all of the information is available on whatever computer I happen to be on. So now I am testing the usefulness of these new (to me at least) services by inputting D&D information into them. We will see how that works out.
EDIT: I am also trying out Google SketchUp to wee what work applications it has.

2 comments:

jpj625 said...

In general, Google apps make me squee.

In addition to your listed services, I also have given myself over to Calendar, Reader, Groups, and Maps, with occasional use of Shopping, Books, and Images.

The Mead said...

Oh SNAP I forgot Reader and Calender and Maps. Damn Google has me by the short Hairs