To preface the kind of day I had let me tell you that I got to sleep last night at a little after 3:00am. I think it was the cup of coffee I had in the morning supplemented by the cup of earl grey (black tea) that I had in the afternoon.
I got up at about 7:30am and threw myself together as usual I slept in a bit too much. I rushed out only a zone diet bar as breakfast. I got to work at about 8:40am to do some crazy and somewhat dangerous equipment moves. The stuff had to be relocated out of a room while they do construction, and it is vital gear that they cannot live without, so we come in on the weekend and move it. At least I get paid time and a half for the 5th day. I There I had a couple doughnuts and a cup of earl grey tea to supplement my breakfast, and for lunch: delicious nutritious Taco Bell!
I was at work till 2:00pm at which time I headed out for an hour drive to a D&D game that I was already late to. I started to get drowsy on the freeway where the 55 meets the 405, and I took the 405 north and had to turn around, but i made it there safely. The game was great if a little dominated by a couple of fights (good though they were) that we got into. It ended with a feeling of progress and new goals set, which is important for maintaining player interest. Except for a break for In-N-Out we played straight through to 11:30. I started to drowse at about 10:30pm from all the lack of sleep and bad nutrition but I pulled it together and stayed awake through to the end.
Next was the Rocky Horror Picture Show, so at11:30pm I sped away from the game, hitting the door just as soon as the game was wrapped up. I wish that I had time to stay and chat but come other friends were meeting me at the Nuart in LA for Rocky. Another hour long drive later I arrived late for the show. Luckily (?) for me they take their sweet time getting going, and I didn't miss anything. My friends enjoyed themselves so I consider it a grand success.
Now I am finally home, tired and for some reason blogging. It is after 3:30am again and I had better turn in.
I really think I need to get more sleep.
1 comment:
Its not that we take our sweet time, its the theater. They sometimes don't let us go in and set-up until after midnight! It depends on when the movie before us lets out.
Now if you're talking about the pre-show, yes Bernie takes his sweet time. :P
Post a Comment