Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Ceramics

I have found my way back into a ceramics class. A coworker of mine told me about a local community arts center that has various craft related classes. I immediately enrolled in a Thursday class that runs 10 weeks and cost $170. I have been having a ball making bowls and cups that I intend on giving away to my loved ones.
I have also convinced my mother to take the class with me and she is really getting into it. She has been watching plenty of youtube videos and studying some of my books on ceramics. She wants to be a pro already and gets frustrated but is doing remarkably well Here is a picture of some of my work and three of her pieces in the background. my work is the eight closest pieces that are upside down and her stuff is the small round bowl, square bowl, and the platter in front of the stacks of bowls.

Last Saturday I went in for a bonus class (for $5) and tried porcelain for the first time in years, and had fairly good results.

I am enjoying this return to the studio immensely, and am already trying to figure out how to fit the next class into my schedule. I am also eyeing the jewelry making class that they offer for some projects that I have in mind.

No comments: