Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Priorities

I have registered for my next two sessions of school. I will have a light load during the short winter intersession and a very heavy load during Spring 2012 semester. I have been conflicted as to how to make up my schedule. There are classes that I need to take to transfer, classes that I want to take because they will be professionally helpful, and classes that I want to take because they look fun. The trouble comes when I have to decide which classes from each category to take. I also had to decide if I was going to try and work while I take classes. I have been effectively unemployed for a few months now and I have been looking for work that would utilize my skills. Perhaps I have been too picky about what kinds of jobs I am willing to try for, but that is a topic for another post.

 I am registered for all the classes that I need to take to get my transfer certificate, but that was not a full load. I decided that I was going to go for a full schedule in school while I have the chance, and filled up the rest of my schedule with classes that are good for me or fun to take. My class load is: General Physics, Physical Anthropology, Spanish 2, Welding, and Sculpture. I have filed a petition to be allowed to take more units so that I can add the first class in a series that will prepare me for the test to be a Certified Cisco Network Administrator (CCNA).

I am excited for the upcoming Spring and however daunting the workload, I feel that I am up to the challenge. By the Fall of 2012 I will be transfering to either Cal State LA or Cal Poly Pomona (assuming of course that they accept my application). It is a good feeling to have a plan and a path laid out before me.

No comments: