I have been sort of listless lately. With the lack of a regular job, it has been up to my own discretion and willpower as to when I get up and how much I get done during the day. One of the factors in the equation Attention Deficit Disorder. I have never been diagnosed with ADD but my father has it, a few of my friends have it and for a long time I have been fairly sure I have it. I tend to downplay my ADD because I have met so many people that wear it like a badge of honor signifying their nonconformity with societal norms or as an excuse for ineffectiveness. I don't want to let my "disorder" define me as a person so I just don't mention it.
This brings me to the coffee. I have noticed over the past year that a cup of coffee has a positive effect on my attention span for activities that require quiet focus. I have been writing a resume and building an accompanying webpage, and that requires me to sit still while focusing on text and formatting. The coffee helps. I am not sure what part of the caffeine acts on what part on my brain but it makes a difference. Not all projects require this chemical assistance but the resume certainly does.
No comments:
Post a Comment