Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Music

For a few weeks now I have been moderately obsessed with the band Placebo. I had heard a couple of their songs over the years but never given them much attention. I was working at the facility that edited the trailer for the upcoming movie "Daybreakers" and overheard the Placebo cover of the song "Running up that Hill" repeatedly while they were editing. It got into my head, and lead me to look into them a bit more. My co-worker Aarin noticed and bought me their live in Paris DVD. So it has been Placebo in the car, on the home computer and on headphones at work. If you like alternitive music, songs in minor chords, and good lyrics, check them out.

Also I picked up the new John Mayer album yesterday, and I am disappointed. There is noting extraordinary on this album. I am a fan and really get into about half of the songs on each of his previous albums, but this one left me flat and unimpressed. The musical arrangements are good, there is interesting layering of sounds but nothing sticks out. The entire album sounds like the songs that I skip in his previous albums. Oh well, you can't win them all.

No comments: